- This event has passed.
“O Love, How Deep, How Broad, How High”: God’s Enormous Mercy
The mercy of God for Christ’s sake, revealed for us in the Scriptures, is no small, generic, everybody-knows-that kind of mercy. God is “rich in mercy” (Eph. 2:4 ESV) and “abounding in steadfast love” (Ex. 34:6 ESV). Explore this year’s Lenten Sermon Series and learn how to illuminate different facets of God’s enormous mercy to your congregation during the Lenten season.
Sermons cover the following topics:
- God’s enormous mercy as described in the Creed
- The huge variety of biblical metaphors for God’s merciful forgiveness
- The broad reach of God’s mercy, extending to every single sinner
- Jesus’ summons to reflect God’s mercy to our neighbor
- The treasures God’s mercy has bestowed on us
Dr. Thomas Egger
Gustav and Sophie Butterbach Professor of Exegetical Theology
Registration deadline: Jan. 8, 2021